Why Is Activated Charcoal an Active Ingredient in All Teeth Whitening Products?March 2, 2020
Activated charcoal is a fine black powder often made out of bone char, coconut shells, peat, petroleum cake, coal olive pits or sawdust. The charcoal in these ingredients is activated by processing it at extremely high temperatures. The high temperature changes the internal structure of charcoal by decreasing the size of its pores and increasing its surface area. This process, in turn, increases the absorptive properties of activated charcoal.
Activated Charcoal and Teeth Whitening
Due to its high absorption rate, activated charcoal makes a great ingredient for detoxification. You can also whiten your teeth with the help of activated charcoal. The high absorption rate makes it capable of pulling out the stains from your teeth making them whiter and brighter than before.
Activated charcoal is capable of:
- Getting rid of superficial stains caused by drinking tea, coffee, tea, or wine.
- Removing the build-up of plaque
- Freshening your breath.
Activated charcoal is naturally derived and does not come with any harmful side effects such as irritation or swelling of gums just like synthetic teeth whitening products.
Ways to Whiten Teeth Using Activated Charcoal
Now that you’ve understood the benefits and the science behind using activated charcoal in teeth whitening products, here are some ways to whiten your teeth using activated charcoal.
Brushing Your Teeth With Activated Charcoal
You will need:
- Activated charcoal capsules, or powder or toothpaste
- A toothbrush
- A cup of water for rinsing your mouth
- A towel to clean the skin
How to do the treatment:
- Wet your toothbrush. This will ensure that the activated charcoal powder sticks to your toothbrush.
- Break open an activated charcoal capsule or toothpaste directly onto your toothbrush, or dip your toothbrush, if you’ve opted to use activated charcoal powder.
- Now brush your teeth as you normally would. Be sure to make contact with all your teeth as a lone yellow tooth will stand out.
- Do not brush aggressively. Use circular motions accompanied by gentle pressure.
- Once you’ve coated every tooth with the activated charcoal, let it sit for a couple of minutes. This will give it time to pull out the toxins of the mouth and dissolve stains.
- Once you’ve let it sit for a few minutes, grab your cup and fill it with water. Use it to rinse your mouth. If you feel like the powder is being solidified, use a second toothbrush to crush away the remaining charcoal.
- After rinsing your mouth be sure to grab a towel and wipe your skin. This will prevent potential stains that could be left behind by the activated charcoal powder.
If you wish to simplify this process, you could buy a teeth whitening product that contains activated charcoal. Many people notice that their teeth have become whiter after the first treatment whereas it takes a few weeks for others. It depends on the quantity of plaque deposition and the number of stains on your teeth.
Charcoal Teeth Whitening Kit
Charcoal teeth whitening kit by Paraiba White is one of the best teeth whitening kit that incorporates activated charcoal and is available in the market. This teeth whitening product simplifies the way to whiten your teeth using activated charcoal.
How to Use Charcoal Teeth Whitening Kit:
- Clean your teeth carefully with the aid of a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Turn on the LED.
- Attach the two pieces of the mouth tray.
- Add ¼th of the syringe gel to the top and bottom of the mouth tray.
- Relax and wait for the LED light to turn off. This could take up to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water when you are done.
Your teeth speak volumes about your hygiene and the way people portray you. Keeping your teeth clean and clear will also help you stay healthy whilst boosting your confidence to smile.